A statement from the funeral homes of Rockingham County.
The new mandates from Governor Cooper and the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control make it necessary for us to make the following adjustments: We are now only able to offer private funeral services, private graveside services, or private visitations to families until further notice. These modifications are effective immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We will continue to monitor the situation and make adjustments as necessary to limit the spread of this virus, helping the families we serve, along with our staff during this difficult time.
Boone Cooke Funeral Home Colonial Funeral Home & Chapel Wilkerson Funeral Home
Citty Funeral Home, Inc. Fair Funeral Home
Johnson and Sons Funeral Home McLaurin Funeral Home, Inc.
Perry & Spencer Funeral Home Ray Funeral Home.
Wilkerson Covid-19 Statement
In light of the recent and constantly changing guidelines due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, Wilkerson Funeral Home has an obligation to protect the welfare of the families within the community and its staff. Our legacy is to protect you as much as it is to serve you.
Due to the mandates that limit gatherings, Wilkerson Funeral Home has instituted the following guidelines for services going forward, until it is safe to proceed with normal operations:
- As always, we will honor you and your loved one.
- Arrangements for families who have lost a loved one will be made over the phone and/or video conference. The funeral director will work with each family’s individual needs during this difficult time.
- All public visitations are suspended until further notice. Private viewings for immediate family may still be arranged on an individual basis.
- All visits to the funeral home will be handled by appointment only. We are available by phone at 336-349-4341.
- All gatherings such as arrangements, viewings, and services will be limited to no more than 10 people including staff and minister.
- While visiting the funeral home all visitors should abide by the social distancing guidelines of 6 feet and refrain from physical contact such as shaking hands, hugging, etc.
Once these guidelines have been lifted, Wilkerson Funeral Home will make available to families a public memorial service, at no additional charge, to allow the community the opportunity to express their love and support to the family. We will be doing everything we can to support you and your family during this time and continue to monitor all guidelines set forth by local, state, national health officials, and North Carolina Board of Funeral Service. We appreciate your continued support during this unprecedented time in our nation.